Creative Arrows Error

Olla everyone!!!

It's been quite a peaceful day today ^^ I had no class yet to teach, so my agenda for today was solely the Second Language Acquisition class that I had to attend. I was a bit late to come to class, because I'd been working on the game project with my partner since noon. I don't really like being late, mostly because I hate if everybody sees me when I enter the entrance door as if I'm a villain :p

Anyway, in today's class we only listened to the lecturer talking about some general issues on SLA that I'd heard before (in my previous study). To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to what he said because I had a project that had to be submitted by tomorrow. I intend to finish it tonight so that tomorrow I won't be in a rush and I can focus more to prepare my teaching materials for Thursday classes better :) So, I was working on that project, but I also listened to the lecturer, although not entirely :D I tried to be multitask (in a negative way :p) so.. don't follow me, okay :p

During the class, one of my classmates asked me to give her the master file of a program, so I plugged in her flash drive into Charleena (my notebook's name :p). I was very shocked when my beloved anti virus program detected some viruses there, but I continued to work on my project while waiting for the scan to complete. About 5 minutes later, I checked on it. It was still scanning and there were already 250 viruses detected. I told my partner who was sitting next to me that I'd never seen so many viruses detected from only one flash drive. We both laughed at it then I continued typing. About 10 minutes later, I assumed that the scan was finished. Then I saw the report. You know what?? 1548 VIRUS WERE DETECTED!!! I was speechless 'coz I really never experience something like that before :p But, thanx to my almighty Kaspersky, all threats had been deleted and healed ^^

Owh, I'd like to tell you about the game. My wish yesterday (to finish the game project once and for all today) didn't come true :p My partner and I met this noon before the class to solve the problem with the arrows. We tried experimenting with the "formulas" but it got worse >< So, change of plan. Originally, the character sprite was supposed to be surrounded by the arrows. Thanx to our creative self-made formula :p every time the character hits the arrows, they will then move randomly while they're supposed to be static. So, we decided to leave it the way it is. Besides, I personally think this "accidental" version is more challenging than the original concept because the player has to think twice before hitting the button :) So, it will be way more exciting :D Our next task will be making the sprite to jump up and down so that it won't stay at one position only. Well, that's the homework for tomorrow. As for now, I'll focus to prepare tomorrow's handouts and power point slides ^^

By the way, tomorrow will be the Ash Wednesday day. It signals the beginning of Pre-Easter period, time for Catholic people to do fasting and "pantang" (don't exactly know the proper English word :p). I haven't decided yet on what NOT to do for this year's "pantang". But, since what I like to do are: eating instant noodles, buying some snacks, going to the movies, going to a karaoke and shopping at the malls, guess I'll choose some or all of those things :) Let's just see ^^

I want to fill this year's pre-Easter period with more activities that will make me feel closer to God ^^ Hopefully I can do more good deeds, improve myself to be a better person this year :) Amen.

Ok all, guess that will be all for today! God bless us always.. ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ordinary Monday

Nice Way to Start My Monday!!

New Semester, New Challenge!